Two deaths and serious injury resulting from pickup truck accident

An Eagle Pass pickup truck accident caused the deaths of two men and seriously injured another man. The accident occurred on February 17 in the evening.

Details of the Eagle Pass Pickup Truck Accident

The location of the Eagle Pass pickup truck accident was on U.S. Highway 277 South. Specifically, the collision occurred east of Eagle Pass, about four miles outside the city.

Traveling eastbound, the driver of a 2014 Silverado Pickup truck was towing a trailer that carried another truck. He collided with a 2019 Chevrolet Pickup truck traveling westbound.

The preliminary investigation revealed that driver of the 2014 Silverado Pickup, Esteban Salas Lopez, attempted to pass on the wrong side of the highway. This action resulted in the crash.

Esteban Salas Lopez was 73 and from Katy Texas. And his passenger was Rodolfo Sanchez from Houston, who was 66 years old. Tragically, they both died at the accident scene. Israel Olivares, the driver of the 2019 Chevrolet pickup from Eagle Pass survived. Medics transported him to the Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center Emergency Room. From there, they subsequently airlifted to a medical center in San Antonio to treat his serious injuries.

What are your rights in a Texas vehicle accident?

In Texas, the driver at fault for an accident must compensate accident victims for medical bills, lost wages and other losses. Texas law bases liability on modified comparative fault. This means that your degree of responsibility for causing the accident is less than the other party’s, then the other party is responsible for paying damages. In addition, the percentage of fault determines the amount paid. For example, if you were 40% at fault and the other party was 60% at fault, they would owe you for 60% of the damages you sustained. If your damages were $100,000, they would owe you $60,000.

Get legal help from an experienced vehicle accident lawyer

The Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz takes cases where clients have suffered substantial injury or died in truck accidents through another party’s negligence. We represent clients throughout Texas including clients in Eagle Pass, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio and other locations.

Arrange a free consultation to discuss your case.