Hazardous weather and vehicle accidents
Accidents on icy roads in North Texas took their toll on drivers early in 2022. Sleet and freezing rain can create treacherous driving conditions.
According to wfaa.com the winter storm on February 23, 2022 affected Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties.
Details about accidents on icy roads in North Texas
MedStar is an ambulance company that provides service to the Fort Worth area. On February 23, 2022, their crews responded to:
- 74 crashes, including 9 rollover accidents
- 34 of the crashes involved transporting patients to area hospitals
Between 3:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m., online records showed that the Fort Worth police had responded to 36 accidents.
Highlights of Texas Cities Affected by the Winter Storm
- An 18-wheeler Amazon truck crash resulted in shutting down U.S. 75 southbound at Stacy Road.
- The police closed S.H. 183 West Bound Toll Lanes.
- Thin sheets of ice covered northbound bridges and overpasses on I-35 and rescue crews assisted with calls involving traffic issues.
- The bridge in the 4500 block of Bedford Road had iced over completely.
- Between midnight and 7:49 a.m., 18 accidents had occurred in Dallas. The city closed all managed lanes on the LBJ Express due to weather. Six of the 18 accidents that the Dallas Fire Rescue dealt with happened on the LBJ Freeway. Later at 2:00 p.m., the Dallas police department had responded to 96 minor accidents, 136 major accidents and 78 freeway accidents since midnight. By 5:00 p.m. they had responded to approximately 450 accidents.
- The interstate 35 E bridge over Lewisville Lake was covered with black ice. A five-vehicle crash resulted in shutting down the eastbound U.S. 380 near Rockhill Road.
If at all possible, it is wise to stay off the roads when news stations issue hazardous weather reports.
Get legal assistance with a car accident
If you suffer serious injury in a car accident, you should get a legal opinion about pursuing a case. The Office of Michael R. De La Paz handles many different types of personal injury cases. We represent clients throughout Texas.