Texas Car Accident Lawyer

Car Accidents

Get a Free Consultation

Car Accidents

Texas Car Accident Lawyer

Get a Free Consultation

Have you been hurt in a car wreck in Texas?

The roads and highways in Texas are legendary and well traveled. And as more people move to the Lone Star state, our roads become busier and even more congested. More cars, more vehicles, unfortunately, result in more accidents. Many causing serious, life-changing injuries or even death for people who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. And often, many of these accidents could have been prevented.

Texas personal injury attorney

At the Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz, we understand the tragedy and trauma of catastrophic injury accidents. We know how such accidents can change your life forever in the blink of an eye. As an experienced car accident law firm, we focus on helping you obtain the financial compensation you deserve.

Steps to take if you’re involved in a car accident in Texas

Though automobile accidents are upsetting, it is important to maintain your composure and take a few steps to protect yourself:

  • Collect information. Though the police officers who respond to the accident will get the pertinent information from involved parties and witnesses, you should do so also. In order to protect your rights it is essential that you also collect the insurance and contact information from all parties involved and witnesses.
  • Get medical care. If your injuries are serious you should be taken to the emergency room immediately. If they are not severe enough to require immediate attention, you should still seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Often the severity of injuries aren’t known right away, so it always best to see a doctor as soon as possible. During your examination be sure to tell your doctor that you were in car wreck and give a full description of how you were injured. This information will go directly into your medical records along with the details of your treatment and serve as documentation of your injury.
  • Contact an experienced car accident attorney. Once you have received medical attention, you should seek the advice of an experienced accident attorney to protect your rights. Your attorney will ensure the details of your injuries, property damages, and evidence will be preserved, and advise you on how to respond when you are contacted by the insurance company.

The at-fault party’s insurance company is not your friend

Insurance adjusters, representing at-fault parties will be anxious to speak to you because they are trained to settle the case fast and cheap. Adjusters are known to manipulate accident victims into answering questions in order to harm their case or reduce their claims. This is their objective — to settle for the lowest amount possible. That is why it is vital to speak to your personal injury attorney before talking to the insurance companies. When the Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz represents you, we handle the insurance companies, so you can just focus on getting better and healing.

Schedule a free consultation with a TX automobile accident attorney

When you’ve been badly hurt by a negligent driver, the financial fallout can be astronomical and the need for a skilled personal injury attorney in Texas is vital. Contact the Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz at (210) 225-HURT (4878) or toll free (800) 645-8553 to schedule a free consultation. We’ll discuss your situation and whether you have grounds for a lawsuit to pursue compensation. If you are unable to travel due to your injuries, we can come to your home or the hospital to discuss your case. Se habla español.



Law Office of
Michael R. De La Paz

Contact Us


Please check below for SMS text consent

3 + 8 =

Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz

1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 360
San Antonio, TX 78213

Office: 210-225-HURT (4878)
Toll free: 800-645-8553

Schedule a Free Consultation

The Law Office of Michael R. De La Paz has its principal office in San Antonio, Texas, however, we can represent your personal injury case no matter where you live in Texas, the U.S., or Mexico.